Health

This Is What Doctors Just Pulled Out Of This 11-Year-Old Boy's Head (Photo)

A 3-inch-long live parasite was surgically removed from an 11-year-old boy in Shanghai, China.

Liang Liao, who complained of headaches and started to suffer seizures, was taken to the Xinhua Hospital on Nov. 12, the Daily Mail reports.

Surgeons started tests and carried out x-rays. They discovered the 3-inch-long parasite moving around inside Liao’s skull, and immediately operated to remove it.

(via Daily Mail)

Doctors eventually identified that the boy had a parasitic infection called sparganosis, which can occur in humans who eat raw infected frog, snake or small mammals, Shanghaiist reports.

In some cases, humans can also be infected by eating raw pork.

The parasite makes its way through the digestive tract and sometimes infects the eye, tissue or brain, which can cause extensive damage or even death if it isn’t caught early.

Liao’s parents said he often likes to chow down on street food, which they suspect was contaminated and caused the infection.

"I don't know why he ate that disgusting stuff, he once told me he had eaten grilled snake of all things,” his dad Liang Chao, 42, said according to the Daily Mirror. "And I doubt that many of the other things they claimed to be serving him really what they seem to be. He is only 11, he wouldn't have known the difference."

Sources: Daily MailShanghaiistDaily Mirror / Image Credit: Morgankevinj/Wikimedia Commons

Dad Receives Coded Text Message From Son, Rushes To Help Him

In the middle of the night, West Virginia father Bert Fulks received a text message with only the letter "X" from his teenage son. Immediately, he sprung into action, calling his son to tell him that he will be there in five minutes to pick him up.

Teen Hit With Major Drug Trafficking Charges Let Off; Guess Who Her Dad Is

A woman arrested on drug possession and trafficking charges may be the daughter of a Drug Enforcement Agency office.

Doctors Issue Warning About One Of America's Most Popular Foods; If You Eat It, Stop ASAP

An experiment performed by a doctor in Massachusetts has people questioning whether they will ever eat instant noodles again.

School Claims Braless Senior's Shirt Is See-Through, But She Disagrees; You Decide (Photos)

Students at Helena High School in Montana have backed the right of a female senior student not to wear a bra.

Mother Almost Loses Legs As They Rot From Common Habit Most Women Have

A mother spoke out after almost losing her legs from a deadly infection caused by shaving her groin (WARNING: graphic photos below).