Health

11-Year-Old Dies After Swimming In Pool During Family Vacation

An 11-year-old girl suffered from a mysterious allergic reaction and died while on a family trip to Hawaii during the Thanksgiving break – and her family is still trying to put the pieces of this tragedy together.

Karin Carpenter says her daughter Paige has always had food allergies and is sensitive to certain environmental triggers, but that she has no idea what sparked her illness on a recent trip to Honolulu, reports Fox 8 News. While swimming with her sister Violet, the little girl reportedly complained to her mother that her nose was burning. Her throat then began swelling up.

Her family says her lungs closed up and her heart stopped. Paige received CPR for an hour in order for doctors to get her heart working again and during her time spent at the hospital, her body temperature had to be kept at 35 degrees just to preserve her brain, according to a GoFundMe page set up for the family.

Prior to her death, Paige reportedly said to her mother: “I’m dying. I know I’m going to die because I can see the look on your face.”

The family has been told Paige’s reaction could have been to volcanic ash or the temperature of the pool, reports WGN TV. Her funeral will be held in January.

Sources: Fox 8 News, GoFundMe, WGN TV/Photo Credit: GoFundMe

Dad Receives Coded Text Message From Son, Rushes To Help Him

In the middle of the night, West Virginia father Bert Fulks received a text message with only the letter "X" from his teenage son. Immediately, he sprung into action, calling his son to tell him that he will be there in five minutes to pick him up.

Teen Hit With Major Drug Trafficking Charges Let Off; Guess Who Her Dad Is

A woman arrested on drug possession and trafficking charges may be the daughter of a Drug Enforcement Agency office.

Doctors Issue Warning About One Of America's Most Popular Foods; If You Eat It, Stop ASAP

An experiment performed by a doctor in Massachusetts has people questioning whether they will ever eat instant noodles again.

School Claims Braless Senior's Shirt Is See-Through, But She Disagrees; You Decide (Photos)

Students at Helena High School in Montana have backed the right of a female senior student not to wear a bra.

Mother Almost Loses Legs As They Rot From Common Habit Most Women Have

A mother spoke out after almost losing her legs from a deadly infection caused by shaving her groin (WARNING: graphic photos below).