Politics

Donald Trump Vows To Only Speak To TV Executives About Upcoming Debate Format, Rejects GOP Collaboration

Donald Trump speaking at CPAC 2011 in Washington, D.C.

Donald Trump will no longer discuss his requirements for future GOP debates with his fellow Republican presidential candidates but will speak only with network executives, his campaign said Nov. 2.

The announcement came just hours after his and other campaigns collaborated to draft a three page letter of demands that Trump ultimately rejected, in the wake of what most candidates agreed was an upsetting debate hosted by CNBC on Oct. 28, reports the Washington Post.

“As we have for the previous three debates, the Trump Campaign will continue to negotiate directly with the host network to establish debate criteria that will determine Mr. Trump’s participation," Trump's spokesperson said in a statement, according to Breitbart. "This is no different than the process that occurred prior to the Fox, CNN, and CNBC debates."

Network executives are furious.

“We agreed to this [format months ago] and now you’re saying you’re not agreeing?” one executive, who requested to remain anonymous, told the Washington Post.

Another executive pointed out the inherent bias of letting one or more candidates dictate the format.

“Do you want Ben Carson deciding who your moderators are?" they said. "The answer is no. Do you want Bobby Jindal’s campaign dictating how the debates will be run when Bobby Jindal may not even be in the race much longer?”

After the candidates reached breaking point, the Republican National Committee attempted to appease them by suspending NBC from hosting the Feb. 26 debate and replacing RNC spokesman Sean Spicer, who had been in charge of coordinating the events.

“These debates have always been about the candidates,” Spicer said. “The candidates will be and always should be determining the best format for them.”

Trump established that he is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that the debate formats are to his liking when he teamed up with fellow GOP candidate Ben Carson to demand that the  most recent Republican debate format shortened from its original 3 hours, notes Fortune.

“Mr. Trump and Dr. Carson do not, and will not, agree to appear at a debate that is more than 120 minutes long including commercial breaks,” the two candidates’ campaigns said in a joint statement.

Sources: Washington Post, Breitbart, Fortune
Photo Credit: Gage Skidmore/Flickr

Dad Receives Coded Text Message From Son, Rushes To Help Him

In the middle of the night, West Virginia father Bert Fulks received a text message with only the letter "X" from his teenage son. Immediately, he sprung into action, calling his son to tell him that he will be there in five minutes to pick him up.

Teen Hit With Major Drug Trafficking Charges Let Off; Guess Who Her Dad Is

A woman arrested on drug possession and trafficking charges may be the daughter of a Drug Enforcement Agency office.

Doctors Issue Warning About One Of America's Most Popular Foods; If You Eat It, Stop ASAP

An experiment performed by a doctor in Massachusetts has people questioning whether they will ever eat instant noodles again.

School Claims Braless Senior's Shirt Is See-Through, But She Disagrees; You Decide (Photos)

Students at Helena High School in Montana have backed the right of a female senior student not to wear a bra.

Mother Almost Loses Legs As They Rot From Common Habit Most Women Have

A mother spoke out after almost losing her legs from a deadly infection caused by shaving her groin (WARNING: graphic photos below).