Social

Grandma Arrested After 2-Year-Old Granddaughter Drinks Her 'Special' Iced Tea

tea

A 51-year-old woman has been arrested and charged with child endangerment after her 2-year-old granddaughter drank tea laced with methamphetamine, authorities say.

The grandmother, Cynthia Watson, of Aloha, Oregon, was visiting family in Garner Valley in Southern California when the toddler’s mother called police around 10 a.m. Monday, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

The mother said she took her daughter to a hospital after the 2-year-old would not go to sleep the night before, and was talking rapidly and could not sit still.

“Thinking there might be some medical issue with her daughter, the reporting party took her to a hospital to be examined,” a Riverside County sheriff’s statement said, according to Reuters. “Over the course of the evening, the examination revealed the child tested positive for methamphetamine in her system.”

The investigation into Watson found that she had made a cup of tea infused with the drug in order to get high, Sgt. Craig McDonald said.

“At some point the cup of methamphetamine-laced tea was left unattended on a counter, when the two-year-old victim took the cup and drank some of the contents,” he told CBS Los Angeles.

In addition to the felony child endangerment charge, Watson was also arrested for possession of methamphetamine. She is being held on $35,000 bail and was due in court on Wednesday.

The child is expected to make a full recovery.

Sources: San Diego Union-TribuneReutersCBS Los Angeles

Dad Receives Coded Text Message From Son, Rushes To Help Him

In the middle of the night, West Virginia father Bert Fulks received a text message with only the letter "X" from his teenage son. Immediately, he sprung into action, calling his son to tell him that he will be there in five minutes to pick him up.

Teen Hit With Major Drug Trafficking Charges Let Off; Guess Who Her Dad Is

A woman arrested on drug possession and trafficking charges may be the daughter of a Drug Enforcement Agency office.

Doctors Issue Warning About One Of America's Most Popular Foods; If You Eat It, Stop ASAP

An experiment performed by a doctor in Massachusetts has people questioning whether they will ever eat instant noodles again.

School Claims Braless Senior's Shirt Is See-Through, But She Disagrees; You Decide (Photos)

Students at Helena High School in Montana have backed the right of a female senior student not to wear a bra.

Mother Almost Loses Legs As They Rot From Common Habit Most Women Have

A mother spoke out after almost losing her legs from a deadly infection caused by shaving her groin (WARNING: graphic photos below).