Lowe's Customer Opens A Drawer, Gets Shock Of His Life (Photo)

A customer at a Lowe’s in Corinth, Mississippi, was reportedly bitten on the head by a chicken snake while shopping at the hardware store.

The man, whose name hasn’t been released, reportedly opened a cabinet inside of the store at around 2:30 p.m. Saturday when a large snake popped out and bit him, reports the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.

The serpent has been identified as a chicken snake, which is nonvenomous, can grow anywhere from three to five feet in length, and feeds on rodents and birds. They are also known as black rat snakes, corn snakes or pilot snakes.

A witness told WMC Action News 5 that the snake jumped out of the cabinet, bit the man right between the eyes and then wrapped itself around his head. The animal had to reportedly be cut free by first responders.

The customer was reportedly rushed to Magnolia Regional Health Center. The details of his condition have not been released.

Lowe’s spokeswoman Amanda Mann confirmed that the incident took place, but wouldn’t provide comment and said an investigation is currently underway. 

Chris Baker, a snake handler at Memphis Zoo, told WMC the snake may have found its way to the store in a shipment container sent from a warmer climate. He said snakes seek warmth in barns and garages when it gets cold and that the serpent was likely protecting its territory when the customer opened the cabinet.

Sources: Jackson Clarion-Ledger, WMC Action News 5

Photo Credit: Kerry Wixted/Flickr, Wikimedia Commons

Dad Receives Coded Text Message From Son, Rushes To Help Him

In the middle of the night, West Virginia father Bert Fulks received a text message with only the letter "X" from his teenage son. Immediately, he sprung into action, calling his son to tell him that he will be there in five minutes to pick him up.

Teen Hit With Major Drug Trafficking Charges Let Off; Guess Who Her Dad Is

A woman arrested on drug possession and trafficking charges may be the daughter of a Drug Enforcement Agency office.

Doctors Issue Warning About One Of America's Most Popular Foods; If You Eat It, Stop ASAP

An experiment performed by a doctor in Massachusetts has people questioning whether they will ever eat instant noodles again.

School Claims Braless Senior's Shirt Is See-Through, But She Disagrees; You Decide (Photos)

Students at Helena High School in Montana have backed the right of a female senior student not to wear a bra.

Mother Almost Loses Legs As They Rot From Common Habit Most Women Have

A mother spoke out after almost losing her legs from a deadly infection caused by shaving her groin (WARNING: graphic photos below).