Officials Make Unexpected Discovery In 8-Year-Old Girl's Stomach (Photo)


Doctors removed a massive hairball from an 8-year-old girl's stomach after she developed severe health problems.

The young girl, from the province of Henan, began showing unusual symptoms of illness including vomiting after meals and losing an alarming amount of weight. Concerned for her health, the girl’s father brought her to the hospital for treatment.

Doctors examined the girl and discovered a large lump in her abdomen, though it wasn't clear what it was. She was referred to a pediatrician, who learned that the girl had a habit of chewing on her hair, nails and clothing.

Surgery revealed that the lump was a massive, 4.5-pound ball of hair, clothing materials and bits of food. The hairball was in the exact shape of her stomach, and became so large that it began to block food from being digested.

“This must be the result of the little girl consuming the objects over an extended period of time,” Dr. Zhang Shufeng said, adding that long-term consumption of foreign objects is often a result of “psychological issues.”

Warning: The image below is graphic and may be disturbing to some readers. 

Sources: Daily MailNew York Daily News / Photo Credit:

Dad Receives Coded Text Message From Son, Rushes To Help Him

In the middle of the night, West Virginia father Bert Fulks received a text message with only the letter "X" from his teenage son. Immediately, he sprung into action, calling his son to tell him that he will be there in five minutes to pick him up.

Teen Hit With Major Drug Trafficking Charges Let Off; Guess Who Her Dad Is

A woman arrested on drug possession and trafficking charges may be the daughter of a Drug Enforcement Agency office.

Doctors Issue Warning About One Of America's Most Popular Foods; If You Eat It, Stop ASAP

An experiment performed by a doctor in Massachusetts has people questioning whether they will ever eat instant noodles again.

School Claims Braless Senior's Shirt Is See-Through, But She Disagrees; You Decide (Photos)

Students at Helena High School in Montana have backed the right of a female senior student not to wear a bra.

Mother Almost Loses Legs As They Rot From Common Habit Most Women Have

A mother spoke out after almost losing her legs from a deadly infection caused by shaving her groin (WARNING: graphic photos below).