Family Finds Unfortunate Surprise In Their New Couch (Photos)

One South Carolina family’s purchase of a couch on Craigslist gave them more than a place to sit and relax; it also gave them a nice little collection of bed bugs.

Katie Johns purchased the used sectional couch on Craigslist for $225 near Columbia.

Shortly after, Johns and her son noticed small red patches on their skin. They went to the doctor for a diagnosis and were told the bites were likely from bed bugs, reports FOX 8.

“When I feel a tickle on my arm, like maybe the hair on my arm moves or I have a little itchy spot, I immediately think that I have a bug crawling on me,” Johns said.

An exterminator was called to find the source of their bed bug problem.

“When the exterminators came and they actually pulled the couch apart, it was immediately clear that the couch … was infested,” Johns said.

The total cost of extermination fees was $3,000, reports FOX 31.

Johns wants what happened to her to make others aware that they should be mindful of what they purchase on Craigslist.

“It’s not worth it,” Johns said.

Sources: FOX 8FOX 31 / Photo Source: Screenshot

Dad Receives Coded Text Message From Son, Rushes To Help Him

In the middle of the night, West Virginia father Bert Fulks received a text message with only the letter "X" from his teenage son. Immediately, he sprung into action, calling his son to tell him that he will be there in five minutes to pick him up.

Teen Hit With Major Drug Trafficking Charges Let Off; Guess Who Her Dad Is

A woman arrested on drug possession and trafficking charges may be the daughter of a Drug Enforcement Agency office.

Doctors Issue Warning About One Of America's Most Popular Foods; If You Eat It, Stop ASAP

An experiment performed by a doctor in Massachusetts has people questioning whether they will ever eat instant noodles again.

School Claims Braless Senior's Shirt Is See-Through, But She Disagrees; You Decide (Photos)

Students at Helena High School in Montana have backed the right of a female senior student not to wear a bra.

Mother Almost Loses Legs As They Rot From Common Habit Most Women Have

A mother spoke out after almost losing her legs from a deadly infection caused by shaving her groin (WARNING: graphic photos below).